Writing articles can be fun, if you enjoy writing, sharing facts and your opinions, but writing viral articles one needs to put in more work by researching your topic.
Some Tips to Consider
Research your Topic
Use Competitive Keywords
Search and Write Trending on Topics
Write Content that is Easily Shareable
Constantly Update Your Social Platforms
Answer Trending Questions in Your Niche
How to Research Viral Articles
- Choose an Effective Title and Keywords
It is best to write content that has effective keywords which help your article to be easily searched. In the same regard, your goal is to have viral articles, but stuffing keywords on each paragraph is a sure way of getting lower ratings. Using Google Keywords Tool will help with targeted traffic as it showcases the best and competitive keywords to use. Write titles by using effective and targeted keywords. Using Google Analytics help with your articles going viral, read more on the Top 12 Ideas on How to Write Articles That Go Viral
2. Writing Viral Articles with Emotions
Write content that your audience is interested and that solves an issue. Write content that challenges, creates a new point of view, showcases missed opportunities or highlights the best part of that industry. Make sure your content has various methods of delivery such as video, infographics, presentation and or other rich social media formats.
3. Understanding Current Market Trends and Social Media
There is a greater chance that your article will go viral if you research your topic and see what is trending on social media. You want to write articles that are relevant today or up and coming hot topics. There are several sites that offer a service of showcasing what is currently trending, such as main news outlets, for instance, Google News Alerts, BuzzSumo, Yahoo News and following influencers in your niche. Another great source of information will be your website, you have to implement an analytic tool on your site, this shows the type of content your readers are interested in.
Top 12 Ideas on How to Write Viral Articles
1) Lists. Putting your content into a list format (yes, just like this article) is a great way to get people to easily follow along. They like simple how-to’s with easy steps to follow.
2) Shareable Content. PAs make sure your content is shareable and optimized for the end user, it should be easy and enjoyable to read your content.
3) Infographics. If There are many forms of how content can be distributed, make sure you mix up different forms of delivering content (as per the top paragraph)
4) Challenge. Challenge an idea or concept that is considered normal in today’s society and you will get noticed. People don’t always like what is “different” but they sure do notice it!
5) Groups. People love competition. They love to see how competition transpires between two groups and see what the end result will be. Especially if it is something between genders.
Related articles for Growing Your Blog Business:
- How to Start an Income Blog
- How to Grow Your Idea into a Business
- Tools & Resources for Your Blog Business
- Top 12 Tips on How to Use Google Analytics
- 15 Tips & Tools for Ranking in Search Engines
6) Pop culture. Whether you are interested in celebrities or not, other people sure are! If you make your article about someone famous, people will want to know what it says.
7) Data. If you add amounts and/or percentages of something, it will at least make you look like you know what you are talking about, even if you don’t! Make sure the numbers you use are numbers people would think is interesting. For Example: “How These Ten Men and Women Retired Before Age Forty”.
8) Holidays. Planning your content around a specific holiday is great. It not only gives you more time to plan what you will write it also is a great way to grab someone’s attention.
9) Current Events. If you can somehow tie whatever you are writing about to something that has recently been on the news, it would help give your article a big boost.
10) Sports. Just like with the holidays and current events, many people love sports. In fact, I can think of several people off the top of my head who are undoubtedly obsessed with sports. You could place money on people being sucked into your article if it had to do with sports in any way.
11) Useful. Practical, useful information gets shared. A lot. It makes sense if someone figures out a practical tip, like how to get old grease stains off a cookie sheet or how to make a toddler keep his diaper on at night, more often than not, people are going to want to know about it.
12) Positive vs. Negative. Positively worded articles go viral a lot more often than the negatively worded ones. Seems strange, seeing as most of the news you hear nowadays seems to be more negative than positive, but it’s true.